The Most Important Beauty Tip
Water, water, water! – It’s the solution to all my health and beauty issues. Everyone knows how good water is for you – it’s no secret! Yet most of us still don’t drink enough water! Instead we invest in expensive creams and treatments – hoping for a quick, lazy fix! I was definitely one of those people – but not anymore! I drink at least 2 litres a day and I always drinks 3 litres of water the day before any modelling shoots. Eights glasses of water is simply not enough for me! The main issue I have are the dark bags under my eyes – the solution is 3 litres of water the day before. Whether I’m on set, travelling or in a bar with friends – I will always have at least 1 bottle of water with me!
Get Into Good Drinking Habits
Make them part of your normal routine:
- Keep a litre of water everywhere – on your desk at work, in every room in the house, in your fridge and in your bag
- Have a pint of water when you wake up, after lunch and after dinner
- Make your water interesting by adding different colourful fruits – detox water!
Detox Water Recipes
I am a big fan of detox water! Just add your favourite fruit to water -the key is to keep it varied and colourful. Fresh fruit is always the best but as I’m constantly travelling I need have plenty of frozen fruit stocked up. In my freezer you will find:
- Lemons, limes and oranges – sliced thinly and placed in single layers in zip lock bags. (Great for detox water, add to hot water, add to green tea and great in alcoholic drinks too)
- Whole blueberries
- Whole strawberries
- Mint and peppermint
- Ginger – sliced thinly and placed in single layers in zip lock bags
Fruit I don’t like to freeze but do like to add to my detox water: